Area Administration Offices (AAO)
Area Administration Offices are an integral part of the Sovereign Base Areas Administration, carrying out a wide spectrum of civil government functions in the SBAs. Each SBA has its own Area Office.
- Delivering civil administration within the SBAs, under SBAA policies and SBA legislation, either directly or through the delegation of functions to competent RoC authorities.
- Supporting SBAA or BFC work and personnel, including towards meeting UK ToE obligations and undertakings.
- Promoting SBAA and BFC relations with local communities, all levels of RoC Government and the wider Cypriot society.
- Managing non-military development, private land-use and activities.
- Assisting in the management and protection of underground resources, public land, infrastructure and amenities, outside MOD sites.
- Enforcing administrative legislation and policies and contributing in their development.
- Providing administrative services and advice to those who reside, work or have any other interest in the SBAs.
- Acting as an SBAA/BFC interface with local communities, RoC authorities and special interest groups.